2014 Cyra Lewis

Cyra Lewis
Auckland, New Zealand


Cerise Necklace

I was having a difficult time choosing my “one-colour”.  I eventually narrowed it down a bit, but in the end I had to put about twenty of my favourite coloured balls of yarn in a box, shake them up a bit, and then have a lucky dip to find the winner.

The Cerise thread won. 


To make a one colour ball of thread a bit more interesting I created shapes and texture, and then used the negative spaces to my advantage. It didn’t start out as a necklace. It just, sort of, developed itself. I like to work that way. Let the yarn or thread tell me what it wants to be. Intuitive designing.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.