2014 Barbara Wunder Hynes

Barbara Wunder Hynes
bw.hynes@gmail.com


"Plum Crazy" is freeform crochet rendered in the style of freeform that I first studied, that of Sylvia Cosh and James Walters. I purchased their book "The Crochet Workbook" shortly after it was released in 1989, and it was such an inspiration to me. I had tried my hand at freeform crochet in the late 1970s, but I had no idea what I was doing. Cosh and Walters opened my eyes to unlimited possibilities with yarn and hook. I gave this piece the title "Plum Crazy" because the one color I chose was purple, and the composition is like a crazy quilt.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.