2012 Lou Bor

Lou Bor
Carnegie, Victoria, Australia



I just love my unique, freeform wearable art cape, primarily comprising numerous crocheted bullions, bordered by organic knitted leaves with galls, holes and many crocheted bullion caterpillars. The similarity of art works, musical pieces and my submission comprises the use of many colors, hues, values, shades and tones, with the presence of embellishments. The bullion cape took almost a year to construct, the creative process for me being one of "flow" and "following my bliss."

People can have very strong views about art and music, and I have been amused by and enjoyed the varied views expressed regarding my beloved bullion cape: 


  • "You should hang it on the wall."
  • "I would like it as a mat for my dog."
  • "It's a bit messy with all those dangling things. Are you going to cut them off so that it looks a bit neater?"
  • "Do people really like this? What have they said when they see you wear it?"
  • "It's a bit heavy, isn't it?" (it weighs 1.173 kg).

But most responses were amazement of the work undertaken. The tools I used were my beloved, bespoke Celtic Swan bullion hooks.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.