2012 Gwen Blakley Kinsler

Gwen Blakley Kinsler


"Crochetkween" on Ravelry

Ravelry Fan Page: Cro-Kween Designs


Van Gogh's "Vase with Red Poppies" was the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of famous paintings. The flower's vibrancy of color attracts me. Once I created the poppy motif and further surveyed my yarns, I was spurred on to create motifs that would both enhance and highlight it as the center of visual interest in this mixed necklace.

I used crochet, bead-crochet, hand and machine sewing to complete this challenge. Re-cycled cloth from a small pouch was used as the fabric backing, and I could not resist putting a portion of the ethnic weaving that embellished the bag on the back of my necklace.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.