2011 Kesam Katz

Kesam Katz
Eilat, Israel
Israeli/American fiber artist 

magikaat@yahoo.com



YELLOW BRICK ROAD
The Wizard of Oz was the first movie I remember seeing. I was about 3 years old and had to sit on my mother's hatbox handbag in order to see the screen. As I watched the movie I went through every emotion possible, from joy, to sorrow, to fear, to anger, often putting my hands over my eyes when the flying monkeys or the witch got too close to Dorothy and her friends.
I have now been on the yellow brick road for over sixty five years and have managed, thus far, to outwit the witch and her flying monkeys with help along the way from friends who often resemble the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the Tin Man We have learned that life is not fair, and even when life is great there are times when we are afraid and lonely. Hand in hand, we walk toward the Emerald City, trying to remember that the journey is more important than the destination.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.