2010 Sheryl Means

Sheryl Means
Richmond, TX, US




Coastal Bliss



Whenever my soul needs restoration I head for the coast; the sounds and smells of the ocean infuse my spirit with peace and life.  My inspiration comes from the coastal town of Rockport, Texas.  Long known as a fishing town, Rockport is also home to artists of all mediums.  Two things set this piece apart from anything else I have ever done.  First, other than surface embellishment, the entire piece was created in tunisian crochet.  All yarn used is handspun – either by myself or purchased from other fiber artists.  Handspun yarn lends a sense of energy and life to any project, a quality that seems so perfect for freeform.
The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach - waiting for a gift from the sea. ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh






                                                                                              




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.