2010 Prudence Mapstone

Prudence Mapstone

Brisbane, Queensland AUS




For a few years now my freeforming has taken me to many interesting places, and it seems that I spend a lot of my time gazing out of the windows of planes, admiring the ever-changing landscapes from above.  Almost subconsciously my mind seems to file away unusual but naturally occurring shapes and diverse colour combinations, and I inevitably find them popping up later in my scrumbled creations.  I am always amazed at how mother nature blends colours and shapes that normally wouldn't seem compatible.  I can only resort to using detailed stitches and softly hazy yarns as I try to achieve similar effects.  Hints of an incoming tide stream in to lap at the edges of luxurient coastal growth from many directions, eventually turning the point of land into a temporary island.





                                                                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.