2010 Gayla Lau

Gayla Lau

North Carolina US



Zen-tangles inspired me to make this piece. I used yarn and sewing thread to crochet, needle weave, and embroider in order to make it. At first, I started with the sun rise and then had the rays of the sun track around the shapes. From then on, the piece took on a life of its own. In each shape, I put things that inspire me such as a spider web which glistens in the light, Koi fish which are so colorful, and a bird's nest which symbolizes the beginning  of life. Overall, these are some of the little things I enjoy in life.





                                                                                              




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.