2009 Leslie Nelle Urinyi

Leslie Nelle Urinyi

New Jersey, US




Winter was my choice to make, as winter is my least favorite time of year. 
I wanted to challenge myself by limiting my choices and then see what would transpire. All color yarns were banished from my sight and I allowed only shades of white, off white and ivory and small amounts of each; I wanted to see what I could do with the existing white yarns in my stash (merino wool, cottons, wool/acrylic blend). 
The piece started as I experimented with creating texture by using single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet and working in back loops and front loops, increasing and decreasing as I changed yarns, the beginning of a curve started to appear. 
After adding a bullion and some rounds, I found myself thinking about the I cord machine. I started making lengths of I cord and added them for more texture. Finally I added some lace motifs and some filet crochet over the existing fabric for a different textured look and three vintage buttons (two mother of pearl and one milk glass shank button).





.....NEXT.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.