2007 Zann Carter

Zann Carter

Terre Haute, IN USA



I am just getting started with freeform work after years of thinking, dreaming, stash-building and working with others' patterns. I'm not sure why this is so - I think there must be (for me, anyway) underlying issues of self-confidence or risk-taking. There's also the issue of actually using The Stash!

I could write a whole essay on that -- the mantra 'it's only yarn' is very helpful.
But never mind the psychology of freeforming and yarn hoarding -- this challenge was just plain fun! I loved gathering up a basket of yarn for each piece and contemplating the Elements.   While I had a general idea of what I wanted to do at the start, the final form of each piece evolved as I worked.
The best part of creating these pieces was what I learned from them.
Zann Carter lives, spins, crochets, knits and weaves in Indiana.

Her fiber arts blog is Lizards in the Leaves 
Her main web page is www.zanncarter.com


Air



Earth



Fire



Water







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind with your comments - We love positive feedback.
Comments containing spam, flaming, personal attacks, abuse and excessive swearing will be removed.